Beacon Vision, is a leading regional charity, supporting people across the Black Country and Staffordshire impacted by Sight Loss. The charity first began life in 1875 and in that time has supported thousands of people and had a huge impact on the visually impaired community. Over time the charity has evolved to be a leading innovator in the sector supporting academic and commercial research into new technologies from autonomous vehicles to virtual reality headsets and developing sports, rehabilitation and employment programmes, which give people back their independence and confidence.
We are dedicated to making a visible difference for people with sight loss.
The charity is governed by a board of trustees made up of up to twelve people with a diverse range of skills and experience who together, ensure that the charity is effectively operated in pursuit of our charitable aims. There is also a wholly owned trading arm and CIC that govern our Enterprise activities including retail, hospitality and opticians. The charity’s turnover is c. £3million and we employ 140 staff and are supported by over 276 volunteers.
We are currently recruiting to two voluntary Trustee roles, with specialisms in Fundraising and/or Marketing and Food & Drink/Hospitality. Please click on the links below to find out more about each role, and how to apply.
Care and Support Worker
Variety of shifts and hours available
£8.37 – £8.87 per hour
At Beacon Domiciliary care, we provide support to adults with personal care, to enable them to live independently in their own home for as long as possible.
We are currently looking to recruit Care and Support Workers to work both within the community and in our accommodation at Beacon Centre, to deliver this personal care. It is essential that applicants have a driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is flexible.
- Can work full days and alternate weekends.
- Has experience of working with vulnerable adults.
- Is an excellent communicator.
- Is empathetic, patient and has a caring nature.
- A qualification within the health and social care industry is desirable.
All successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, have a full driving licence and access to their own vehicle. Personal or paid experience in home care will be a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in applying for the above vacancy please see the Job Description below, and send your CV with a cover letter to HR@beaconvision.org.
Closing date: Rolling Recruitment
If you do not hear within four weeks of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful.
- Reception Volunteer – Beacon is looking for volunteers to assist the reception team. Click here to find out more about the: Reception Volunteer
- Tenpin Bowling Volunteer – Beacon is looking for volunteers to assist our visually impaired bowling teams at Castlegate Dudley. Click here to find out more about the: Bowling Volunteer
- Warehouse Volunteer – Beacon is looking for volunteers to help out at our new warehouse with general retail assistance. Click here to find out more about the: Warehouse Volunteer
- Assistive Technology Volunteer – Beacon is looking for a volunteer to assist the Assistive technology officer to help shape the way sight loss organisations identify and share assistive technology resources and explore possible joint funding bids for future projects. Click here to find out more about the: Assistive Technology Volunteer
- Till Volunteer (Catering) – Beacon is looking for a volunteer to assist the catering and hospitality team in our Restaurant. Click here to find out more about the: Till Volunteer
- Talking News Volunteer – Beacon is looking for volunteers to assist staff to create a talking newspaper on a weekly basis for visually impaired clients. Click here to find out more about the: Talking News Volunteer
- Charity Shop eBay Volunteer – Beacon is looking for an online shop volunteer to assist staff on our Ebay shop account. Click here to find out more about the: Ebay Shop Volunteer
- Collection Box Volunteer – Are you able to collect money boxes from local shops and businesses? We are looking for volunteers to help collect boxes in and around the Wolverhampton and Walsall areas. Click here to find out more about the: Collection Box Volunteer
- Retail Assistant – Could help out at one of the Beacon charity shops located around the Black Country. Click here to find out more about the: Retail Assistant Volunteer
- Support Volunteer for the Health and Wellbeing Centre – Could you help and assist the health and wellbeing team deliver a variety of social and leisure programmes in small groups or one to one. Click here to find out more: General Support Volunteer
- Fitness and Exercise Volunteer – Could you help provide assistance to the gym instructor by helping to support visually impaired clients using the gym. Click here to find out more: Fitness and Exercise Volunteer
- Stourbridge day centre volunteer – Click here to find out more: SDCV
- Staffordshire VI Hub Administrative Volunteer – Could you give up some of your spare time to assist our staff at our VI Hub in Dudston. Click here to find out more: Staffordshire VI Hub Volunteer
- Staffordshire VI Hub Support Volunteer – Could you help our staff in Hanley by supporting our visually impaired clients, I.T meet & greet, exercise programmes and lot’s more. Click here to find out more: Staffordshire VI Hub Support Volunteer
To apply or learn more, please contact Becky Green on: email@example.com or call 01902 880 111. No deadline – We will remove the advert when we have filled all the spaces.