Food and Drink Assistant
£8.91 per hour
12 hours per week (Working 3 days per week, Monday to Sunday)
The ideal candidate will assist with the delivery, preparation and serving of food. They will also ensure that all food hygiene practices are complied with and accurate records are kept where necessary, including cash handling and banking. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: May 13, 2021.
For further information or to apply, please follow this link: https://beacon.ciphr-irecruit.com/applicants
Do you want to make a visible difference for people with sight loss?
Beacon Centre for the Blind is a charity with a 145-year heritage of supporting people affected by sight loss. Like most charities, we have been significantly impacted by the pandemic however, we are more determined than ever to help those who need us most.
It is an exciting time to join our charity, with new ways to support our members as we emerge from lockdown as well as projects to develop and launch.
We’d welcome those with lived experience, who have been affected directly or indirectly by sight loss and/or have eye health experience. We are also seeking to ensure all of our members are represented on the Board, through a diverse and inclusive team.
If you are passionate about making a difference, we have a number of Trustee vacancies on a voluntary basis covering a variety of specialist roles including:
- Fundraising / Marketing
- Charity Retail
- Digital Inclusion
- Health & Social Care
But we are also keen to hear from anyone who is passionate about making a difference and wants to give something back to their community.
What is the role about:
You will work with the Chair and other trustees to provide guidance and support to all areas of the charity. Trustees are also expected to fulfil a legal role in ensuring the charity operates within its aims and expectations.
As a trustee you will join the main Board which meets four times a year, and we would also like you to join one of the two sub committees which also meet four times a year. Trustees are also encouraged to support Beacon fund raising events. As a Trustee you would also be in email and phone contact with relevant director and wider team if you particular skills and expertise are required.
You will be continually supported by the Chair and other trustees.
The first term of office for every Trustee shall be one year, followed by three years renewable for two further terms thereafter.
What is in it for you:
You will have the opportunity to:
- Utilise your skills for the public benefit through the support of a leading regional sight loss charity.
- Deepen your understanding of charity management and governance.
- Support the achievements of Beacon’s charitable objectives, resulting in a visible difference for people with sight loss.
- Feature on our website as well as blog opportunities and CSR links for your organisation/personal profile.
To apply, please send your CV along with a short covering letter of application to the contacts listed below. In your covering letter, please summarise your motivations and experiences for applying for the role.
Lisa Cowley, CEO: email@example.com
Kathy Roper, Chair of Trustees: firstname.lastname@example.org
Care and Support Worker
Variety of shifts and hours available
£9.07-9.35 per hour
At Beacon Domiciliary care, we provide support to adults with personal care, to enable them to live independently in their own home for as long as possible.
We are currently looking to recruit Care and Support Workers to work both within the community and in our accommodation at Beacon Centre, to deliver this personal care. It is essential that applicants have a driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is flexible.
- Can work full days and alternate weekends.
- Has experience of working with vulnerable adults.
- Is an excellent communicator.
- Is empathetic, patient and has a caring nature.
- A qualification within the health and social care industry is desirable.
All successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, have a full driving licence and access to their own vehicle. Personal or paid experience in home care will be a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in applying for the above vacancy please see the Job Description below, and send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: Rolling Recruitment
If you do not hear within four weeks of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Telephone Befriender (Voluntary role)
Taking the time to talk is important for us all right now.
Our telephone befriending service is a lifeline for people with sight loss during this pandemic.
We are on the lookout for new volunteers to be a friendly voice on the phone.
If you want to make a difference please come and join us.
If you want to find out more about the service or are interested in becoming one of our volunteers please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Warehouse Volunteer – Beacon is looking for volunteers to help out at our new warehouse with general retail assistance. Click here to find out more about the: Warehouse Volunteer
- Charity Shop eBay Volunteer – Beacon is looking for an online shop volunteer to assist staff on our Ebay shop account. Click here to find out more about the: Ebay Shop Volunteer
- Collection Box Volunteer – Are you able to collect money boxes from local shops and businesses? We are looking for volunteers to help collect boxes in and around the Wolverhampton and Walsall areas. Click here to find out more about the: Collection Box Volunteer
- Retail Assistant – Could help out at one of the Beacon charity shops located around the Black Country. Click here to find out more about the: Retail Assistant Volunteer
To apply or learn more, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or call 01902 880 111.