We are currently seeking to recruit a number of trustees on a voluntary basis to support the effective running of the charity. We are especially keen to hear from people who have experience in the following areas.
- Fundraising / Marketing
- Charity Retail
- Digital Inclusion
What are we looking for?
- Fundraising / Marketing
If you are a fundraising and/or marketing professional ideally from the charity sector and you have experience of securing support from a range of audiences, we would love to hear from you. We have a wide range of supporters and strive to engaging people on an ongoing basis though marketing the charities aims and objectives. We have a particular need for someone who has experience in launching new and dynamic approaches to fundraising.
- Charity retail
If you are someone with a wealth of experience in the charity retail sector with some experience of running retail outlets in multiple locations, please contact us. The charity would benefit from having a trustee with particular experience of developing and managing retail offers and balancing the profitability against the impact on other functions within locations.
- Digital inclusion
Our digital offer is becoming increasingly important as a way of increasing the independence of people living with sight loss. The charity would benefit from having a trustee with experience of embedding digital approaches into our local offer. If you have experience in this area or knowledge of assistive technology and applications, please join our charity.
What is the role all about?
As a trustee, you will provide guidance and support to departmental areas of Beacon and act as the Trustee Board’s expert, depending on specialism. In addition to attending quarterly board meetings, you would also need to attend other committee meetings as required and engage with directors and wider team on strategy development and implementation. All meetings are managed virtually at present, but it is our hope that face to face meetings will be possible in the future. You will be committed to the organisation and be an active champion of Beacon.
What can becoming a trustee offer you?
You will have the opportunity to:
- Utilise your skills for the public benefit through the support of a leading regional sight loss charity.
- Deepen your understanding of charity management and governance
- Support the achievement of Beacon’s charitable objectives, resulting in a visible difference for people with sight loss.
If you are interested in applying, please contact
Lisa Cowley, CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Roper, Chair of Trustees: email@example.com with a covering letter detailing relevant knowledge and experience to support Beacon.
Care and Support Worker
Variety of shifts and hours available
£8.89 – £9.20 per hour
At Beacon Domiciliary care, we provide support to adults with personal care, to enable them to live independently in their own home for as long as possible.
We are currently looking to recruit Care and Support Workers to work both within the community and in our accommodation at Beacon Centre, to deliver this personal care. It is essential that applicants have a driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is flexible.
- Can work full days and alternate weekends.
- Has experience of working with vulnerable adults.
- Is an excellent communicator.
- Is empathetic, patient and has a caring nature.
- A qualification within the health and social care industry is desirable.
All successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, have a full driving licence and access to their own vehicle. Personal or paid experience in home care will be a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in applying for the above vacancy please see the Job Description below, and send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Rolling Recruitment
If you do not hear within four weeks of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Telephone Befriender (Voluntary role)
Taking the time to talk is important for us all right now.
Our telephone befriending service is a lifeline for people with sight loss during this pandemic.
We are on the lookout for new volunteers to be a friendly voice on the phone.
If you want to make a difference please come and join us.
If you want to find out more about the service or are interested in becoming one of our volunteers please e-mail email@example.com.
- Warehouse Volunteer – Beacon is looking for volunteers to help out at our new warehouse with general retail assistance. Click here to find out more about the: Warehouse Volunteer
- Charity Shop eBay Volunteer – Beacon is looking for an online shop volunteer to assist staff on our Ebay shop account. Click here to find out more about the: Ebay Shop Volunteer
- Collection Box Volunteer – Are you able to collect money boxes from local shops and businesses? We are looking for volunteers to help collect boxes in and around the Wolverhampton and Walsall areas. Click here to find out more about the: Collection Box Volunteer
- Retail Assistant – Could help out at one of the Beacon charity shops located around the Black Country. Click here to find out more about the: Retail Assistant Volunteer
To apply or learn more, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01902 880 111.