Santa Run 2019
December 1 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pmFree – £15
Headline Sponsor Paycare.
Join our friendly festive fun event and help raise funds to support people living with sight loss. The 2019 Santa Run, sponsored by Paycare, is the perfect opportunity for families, individuals and corporate groups to get into the spirit of the season and help your local community.
You can run, jog, skip or hop the 5K route as Santa on Sunday the 1st December 9.30am at West Park, Wolverhampton, WV1 4PH. If you’re feeling brave, try the 5K run whilst blindfolded and experience living with sight loss with someone guiding you.
A FREE Santa Costume will be supplied to all runners over 12-years-old. Children aged 5-11 years old will get a FREE Santa hat and can part in the full course or run the easier one-mile kids’ lap.
Participants under five can join free of charge. Parents or guardians must accompany their children on the kids’ one-mile lap.
There will also be a fancy-dress competition and lots more on the day. It will be a fun filled family day for all age groups. It’s a popular annual event so book your space now to avoid disappointment.
We encourage everyone that takes part and raise additional funds if possible. If you need a sponsorship form, contact the Beacon team at email@example.com
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to abide by the full terms and conditions.
Santa Run terms and conditions
The Santa Run is organised by the Beacon Centre registered charity number 216092. Terms and Conditions of Entry.
1) By purchasing a ticket, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the event and declare that you are fit to take part on December 1st 2019 and that the details provided on the entry form is correct.
2) If you are registering other people into this event you are accepting the terms and conditions on their behalf and are confirming that you have been given the authorisation to do so.
3) You agree to abide by any instructions given to you by the Race Organisers or officials during the event.
4) Entry fee is non-transferable or non-refundable. This does not affect your statutory rights.
5) Participants under the age 16 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who will take full responsibility for them throughout the event.
6) Under 16s must have their tickets purchased by a parent or guardian who has deemed them fit to take part and agreed to the terms and conditions on their behalf. A parental consent form will also be sent out for parents and guardians to fill in prior to the event.
7) All under 16s taking part in the event must be accompanied by an adult during the one-mile route for youngsters. Under 12’s will be provided with a Santa Hat for taking part in the event.
8) All participants are responsible for ensuring that they will be able to run safely whilst wearing the standard sized Santa suit which will be provided on the day.
9) Once the event is completed participants are allowed to take home their hats or Santa outfits.
10) By agreeing to these terms and conditions you will receive a limited number of emails which will include the event information and updates.
11) We abide by the data protection act and your information will be stored accordingly. It will not be passed onto a third party.
12) All participants must carry their name, details of any health problems and an emergency contact number during the event which the race organisers may use to contact someone if needed.
13) If the event is cancelled or delayed due to unforeseen circumstances the organisers’ liability will cover the entry price you have paid to take part only.
14) You agree that should the event be cancelled due to an event beyond the reasonable control of the organisers, including but not limited to severe weather, terrorism, act of god, closure of the area by emergency services and medical advice. You will not be entitled to a refund of the entry free.
15) It is strongly recommended that you train and prepare for the run. If you have not exercised before or for some time, or have a pre-existing medical condition, you should consult your doctor prior to the event.
16) The Race Organisers reserve the right to refuse an entrant attendance at, and/or participation in, the event or any future event. Any participant who is found in breach of these terms and conditions will be excluded from any future events organised by the Race Organisers.
17) By taking part in the event you give permission for any photographs or film footage featuring yourself taken during the event to be used in any broadcast, advertising, promotion or other communication both now and in the future.
18) By registering an under 16-year-old as a participant, the parent or guardian confirms that they are happy for any footage or photographs taken which may feature the under 16 years old during their participation in the event to be used in this way.
19) All participants enter this Event entirely at their own risk and the Race Organisers shall not be liable for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of their participation other than as a result of the Race Organisers.
20) The Race Organisers take all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during the event, including undertaking a detailed risk assessment which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in this event, you acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks.
21) Outfits supplied by the Beacon come in adult sizes. If you feel you need a smaller size, we would advise to bring your own that you feel most comfortable in.
22) By entering the event, you accept all the conditions of entry and acknowledge that, to the extent permitted by law, the organisers and sponsors shall have no liability to me and team members for any injury, loss or damage, nor any consequential loss or damage suffered by me at or by reason of the event.
23) Any dogs brought to the Event must be kept on a lead at all times.
24) Photography and filming will take place throughout the event; I confirm that I give my consent to the photographing/videoing and publication of images of myself, I give my consent to third parties being granted permission by Beacon to use photographs/videoing and publication of images which have been taken of myself for the purpose of helping to raise awareness of the work of the Beacon and I will allow such materials to be used in all marketing and fundraising projects commissioned by Beacon. If I wish to opt out of any photography or filming, it is my responsibility to notify Beacon via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.