- This event has passed.
Sight Loss Awareness Training
FREE Sight Loss Awareness training
If you or someone you know is living with sight loss and you’d like to know the best ways to communicate with and guide a person with sight loss, or you’d like to know more about eye conditions and their impact, then Beacon can help with FREE training sessions in September, October and November.
Beacon’s Sight Loss Awareness Training offers a friendly three-hour training session which will enable you to:
- Learn how to safely guide a person with sight loss
- Experience what it is like to have sight loss using our simulation specs
- Gain an understanding of the most common eye conditions
- Learn the importance of eye health
- Gain information about aids and equipment that can help
- Understand the emotional impact of sight loss
- Know more about the services Beacon offers to people living with sight loss
You will gain confidence to better assist and support people living with sight loss, as well as a certificate upon completion of the session.
The training is open to both individuals and groups.
Spaces limited to 12 people per course
These sessions are completely FREE and take place at the Beacon Centre, Wolverhampton Road East, WV4 6AZ. Available dates/times are:
|Wednesday 25th September||9.30 – 12.30|
|Wednesday 30th October||9.30 – 12.30|
|Thursday 28th November||9.30 – 12.30|
You can also call 01902 880 111 to book your place.