FREE Sight Loss Awareness Training
If you know anyone who is living with sight loss and you would like to know the best ways to communicate with and guide a blind or partially sighted person, or you would like to know more about eye conditions and their impact, then Beacon can help!
Beacon’s Sight Loss Awareness Training offers a friendly and informal training session that will enable you to:
- Learn how to safely guide a person with sight loss appropriately, negotiating stairs, doors and chairs.
- Experience what it’s like to be visually impaired using simulation specs
- Gain information about aids and equipment that can help visually impaired people
- Gain an understanding of the most common eye conditions
- Learn the importance of eye health
- Understand the emotional impact of sight loss
- Know more about the services Beacon offer to people living with sight loss
You will gain confidence to better assist and support people living with sight loss, as well as a certificate upon completion of the session.
Training is open to both individuals and groups.
Download a booking form here or call us on 01902 880111