Sight Friendly Award
Are your staff able to assist customers with sight loss?
The Beacon Centre works with some of the biggest companies across the region to provide sight loss training to help ensure your staff can help a visually impaired customer.
The Beacon Sight Friendly Award is designed for companies and organisations who want to make their services more accessible for people with sight loss.
The Sight Friendly Award offers initial ninety minute training sessions that will enable your team to:
- Have an understanding of the most common eye conditions
- Experience sight loss using simulation specs
- Learn how to guide someone with sight loss
- Identify and help a person with sight loss
- Have simple low vision strategies to hand
- See examples of equipment to help
- Know about some preventative measures for themselves
In addition to Sight Friendly Training Beacon will supply:
- Up to five Sight Friendly packs for your team with information on eye conditions, guiding techniques as well as signature guides and tactile markers to use in the workplace
- A Sight Friendly DVD for your future inductions and internal training
- A Sight Friendly window sticker for display
- A listing on Beacon’s website
- Promotion through Beacon’s social media channels
- Support with press releases
- One year access to free Low Vision advice
- A six month review meeting
£50 per delegate – with a minimum charge of £250
To find out more about becoming Sight Friendly, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01902 880 111